Balmoral Guest House is located right on the upper Promenade with excellent views over the bay. With the Mountains of Mourne often visible. The sandy beach is accesible nearby as are local services such as chemists, restaurants, a post office, bank & shops. The Isle of Man Steam Railway station is nearby.
- We are flexible on Arrival & Departure times but would appreciate your approximate Arrival time in advance
- Both the Port Erin Bus Stop & Railway station are a short level walk of 5 minutes
- There is public parking is available on Promenade free of charge
Entrance & Accomodation
- Access is from the promenade up a wide staircase with 25 steps to reception, lounges, dining room & bar
- As all bedrooms are on the 2nd floor there is a further 20 steps to the rooms
- Please note that we do not have a lift
- All bedrooms are en-suite with showers, a separate bathroom with a bath is available on the 2nd floor
- We have 2 public toilets
Guests are welcome to use the 1st floor guest lounge at any time
- The lounge has sofas, chairs and a television.
- A selection of local information, maps, magazines, books and board games is available in the lounge
- The Dining room is on the 1st Floor, Breakfast is 8 - 9am but we can be flexible if you have early flights or ferry travel
- The lounge and dining room are carpeted and centrally heated.
- Our guest bedrooms are all located on the 2nd floor
- There are en suite facilities in all rooms consisting of a shower, WC and wash basin
- A hospitality tray with tea and coffee facilities and biscuits, is provided
- We also provide a hair dryer, plastic water beakers and guest soap, shampoo and shower gel
- Our beds are made with synthetic duvets and pillows
- An extra blanket and pillow are available in each bedroom
- There is a wardrobe and chest of drawers in each room, together with a chair and bedside cabinet
- There is a folder in each bedroom which contains further information about the hotel and details of local amenities
- There is a fire extinguisher in the entrance hall and another on each of the 1st & 2nd floor landing areas
- In the event of a fire the fire alarm system will activate and an alarm will be heard. Please advise us if you have a hearing impairment and might not hear this
- The building can be evacuated via the front door at the bottom of the main stairs.
- The Fire assembly point is inside main gates of St Catherine's Church. This is out of the front door & turn left. Please wait there until you are advised it is safe to re-enter the hotel
- We do not permit smoking anywhere in the hotel
- We are happy to cater for special diets or any particular likes or dislikes. Please advise us of these before your arrival.
- Mobile phone reception within the hotel is good
- WiFi internet connection available free to guests
If you require further details or have any comments about the services we provide do not hesitate to contact us.